Friday, September 9, 2011

I am...

...not in the class yet... but thats okay. My name is Adam Flores, I am 20 years old and this is my third year in college. I am sitting here in the first English 1B class just typing away trying to hit the first 500 words. Allow me to start with just a few details about myself. I am a Christian first and foremost, and I try and live my life like one. I have also been told that I am a nice guy with a good sense of humor. I am aspiring to be a math teacher and that stems from the joy that I find in helping other people understand difficult concepts. My forte is geometry. I am a very hands-on learner and to be honest that is something that I am happy to see in this class. Since my brain is wired for math, writing and reading is where I fall short. What I enjoy about math is the fact that I can solve individual problems one by one. Also, in math, the rules never change. English requires more imagination and fluidity. I think I am going to enjoy the opportunity to practice writing in small "short" 500 word bursts. Especially when I can start writing one minute, save a draft, and come back in a little while and start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment