Friday, December 16, 2011

Week 13 - Reflections

Hind sight is 20/20. Looking back at this semester, or at least this English class I can see that I tackled it the same way I always seem to tackle English classes. Study up on MLA, read the books I need to while I am behind on the paper I am supposed to be working on, and put of editing my paper till the very last seconds. A few things I have learned that I didnt know before are first, I am a perfectionist. But not the kind that slaves over his work for countless hours fearful that I missed a crucial mistake. Instead I am the procrastinating perfectionist. I dont like the ideas I come up with at first and wait until the pressure is on to make a decision on what topic to use, what thesis to focus on, even the title of my paper. The solution to this? I really thought that talking some of my ideas out and then writing them out immediately really helped me for this final paper. Delving into the story behind the novel really piqued my interest much more than previous research papers. I had so many facts that I couldnt come up with an opinion. I learned that you need the facts before you have an opinion. With that in mind I was able to come up with a pretty good start to this paper if I do say so myself. Besides that, I really enjoyed this class. No matter who I sat next to, I was always able to find a friend in them. Thanks English 1B class. And thank Ms. Knapp for all that you do as a professor. I enjoyed learning about the different critical theories, just as much as I enjoyed the sillier side of class like the Glass Menagerie spin-offs.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a great semester. Your post is very inspiring to read. I am especially glad to hear about finding a friend no matter where you sat. I agree students in this course were committed to being kind and helpful to each other which makes teaching feel like the best job in the world. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete